Recharge Your Hair Recharge Your Life - Life's Lesson Learnt

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Recharge Your Hair Recharge Your Life - Life's Lesson Learnt

They asked me why I needed to recharge my hair and how would it recharge my life, well I surely knew I needed a hair cut, oh and yes the frizz did make me look I had just woken up after deep slumber, but would changing all this really mean a change in my life?

And so I put on my thinking cap, thought I'd actually sit back and take stock of what was going on here.

Split ends - yes
Frizz - definitely
Old hair style - yeah
Dry, brittle ends - sadly true

So what was happening to me? A beauty blogger so to say and my hair surely is not looking the part.

I still remember the first day of my job and girls gushed at seeing the silky long black tresses. And now my hair looks as if I've just had an electric shock. Yes I need to recharge my hair, of course I do, in all sanity I do!!!!!!


Stress has taken a toll on not just my hair but my general outlook towards life. Just like my dying hair, the little girl inside me, who used to love to skip with her hair swaying along, is dying a silent death.  I had no clue that writing this post to answer a simple question of why my hair needed a recharge, would actually get me thinking and pondering over where my life is headed.

Its not just about my hair, but my skin, my general appearance, and my health, all of these are being neglected as I try and figure out what I'm doing on this planet. Where is life taking me? What is my purpose? See, there I go again, instead of taking it one step at a time, instead of being in the now and here, I went off into deep thought about the future (maybe I should try an electric shock!)

You know what, that is enough, despite what ever 'wrong' is happening in life, no matter how much stress there is, I do have control over my breath (well as long as I'm alive!) I need to breathe in and slowly breathe out... breathe in and breathe out... (common you can take a break and do this too - just slowly breath in and then breathe out)

It's almost midnight as I write this. Tomorrow is a new day, I've decided that I am going to love my self the most and I'm going to turn into my favorite person (ah, remember Kareena Kapoor in Jab We Met!). Focus on myself starting with this

1. Hair Spa (at home with my Sunsilk Keratinology hair mask - and what am I doing not using this anyways?)
2. Back exercise (I know its cold and its easier to stayed cuddled up in a quilt but this needs to start - focus!!!!)
3. Manicure & Pedicure (I deserve some pampering, its been quite a while)
4. Gobble on a scrumptious chocolate brownie (this will be my treat for doing 1, 2 &3)

There, I've answered my need for recharging my hair - my hair is in a mess and needs pampering, and I've answered how its going to change my life - my life's in a mess too - so I'm planning to start with my hair and work my way through all other factors causing me stress. And I must say it is completely true, stress in your life shows its first signs on your hair.

LIFE - here I am - like it or not I'm here to stay coz I'm ready to recharge NOW.

This post was written for the 'RECHARGE YOUR HAIR, RECHARGE YOUR LIFE' contest at Indiblogger in association with Sunsilk

PS: Images are taken from Google and if you own these please drop me a mail and I'll take them down

1 comment:

  1. Hi,This is a great post ! it was very informative. I look forward in reading more of your work. Also I made sure to bookmark your website. I enjoyed every moment of reading it. More info please visit :-Hair cuts fresh meadows.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin